“Children form warm and caring bonds with their key person, other staff and each other. They give children lots of praise in recognition of their achievements and teach children to be kind and have respect for each other. As a result, children behave very well.” Ofsted 2015
All staff are employed by the management committee to run the groups on a day-to-day basis.
All staff are registered with OFSTED and meet the requirements of the Childrens Acts 1989 & 2004. All staff are DBS checked and trained in Safeguarding and First Aid.
Pat (Manager & Lead Practitioner)
Pat’s time is split between the children and her office upstairs, her roles and responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day management of all the groups
- Implementing and maintaining the Key Person system
- Curriculum/activity planning
- Lead Practitioner for the Every Child a Talker programme
- Co-ordinator for Equality within the setting
- Dedicated Safeguarding Officer
Pat completed her Early Years Foundation Degree in 2012.
“The manager is a good role model and effectively motivates the staff to work together as a team.” Ofsted 2015
Wendy (Deputy Manager & Lead Practitioner)
Wendy works in the Pre-School and the Out of School & Holiday Groups. She is qualified to Level 3 in both Early Years and Playwork and has also completed the one-year course ‘Communication Matters’. Wendy’s roles and responsibilities include:
- being the group’s SENCo (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator)
- Planning and Record Keeping
- Health and Safety Officer
Other staff members are:
- Sam joined us in April 2001 and is level 3 qualified. Sam works in the Pre-School , Out of School & Holiday Groups.
- Katrina joined us in September 2009 and is now qualified at level 3. Katrina works in the Pre-School and Out of School & Holiday Groups.
- Helen joined us in 2010 having previously been a volunteer, she is now level 3 qualified. Helen works in Buds and Seedlings.
- Laura joined us September 2010 and is now qualified at level 3. Laura works in the Pre-School and Out of School & Holiday Groups.
- Lois is our apprentice who has been with us since June 2014. She is working towards her level 3 qualification at West Suffolk College.
- Rachel has been volunteering for us for many years and officially joined us in April 2010 as an Administrator. Rachel also lends a hand in the rooms when staff need relieving for holidays and sickness.
- Sharron is our intrepid cleaner and works meticulously each day and faces all kinds of mess! She is an invaluable member of our team.
- Phil works with the older children in the Out of School & Holiday Groups. Phil is our resident cook, preparing delicious homecooked food and he’s also our handy man.
Bacton Under Fives is committed to helping young people train in Care and Education and has students join the team on a regular basis either from YMCA training, West Suffolk College and Suffolk New College in Ipswich. We also welcome High School students on work placements.
The group actively encourages parents to become involved in the setting and we value the contributions that they can make. We do appreciate that not all parents have the same opportunities to become as involved as others but we welcome all contributions equally.